Ireland’s RE Expansion Expected to Bring in Massive Investments by 2030

Ireland is expected to attract massive investment as the country is set to add 5.8 GW of renewable power capacity over the next decade Ireland is expected to attract massive investment as the country is set to add 5.8 gigawatt (GW) of non-hydro renewable power capacity over the next decade to reach a total 9.6 […]

Read more

Piramal to Co-Sponsor $600 Mn Renewable Investment Trust with Canadian Pension Fund

Both PEL and CPPIB will act as Co-Sponsors of the proposed InvIT and hold up to 75% of the units and seek to raise capital from other like-minded investors for the remaining 25%. Piramal Enterprises Limited (“PEL”) today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (“CPPIB”), a Canadian pension fund, […]

Read more

World Bank’s IFC to Invest $75 Mn in AC Energy’s Green Bond

The proceeds from the AC Energy green bonds will be used to finance the company’s plans for up to 5GW of renewable energy projects in East Asia and Pacific. IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, will invest $75 million in the first-ever listed green bond issued by AC Energy Finance International Limited and […]

Read more

Australia’s CEFC Invests $72 Mn in Renewables Fund

This is the largest equity investment ever made in renewable energy in Australia with an aim to encourage institutional investors. Making a tremendous renewable energy push, Australia’s Clean Energy Finance Corporation (CEFC) has invested US $72 million (AU $100 million) in the Australian Renewables Income Fund (ARIF). This is the largest equity investment ever made […]

Read more

RE Invest Aims to Showcase India’s Performance; Subsides Investment

Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE)’s flagship event, RE Invest, to promote the spread of renewable energy has this time aimed at exchange of ideas between state and private players. Unlike the first RE Invest held in 2015, the second RE Invest has rather chose to showcase India’s achievements in the renewable energy sector […]

Read more

GAIL Seeks Shareowners’ Nod to Make Solar Power Plants

GAIL has sought a nod to play an investor in start-ups and as a developer, in the prolific solar energy market. In order to diversify its portfolio beyond gas and petrochemicals, India’s largest natural gas processing and distribution company, Gas Authority of India (GAIL) has sought its shareholders’ permission to amplify its work profile beyond […]

Read more

India to Spend Rs. 3.85 Lakh Crore for 77GW Solar Capacity Target

Out of the total target of installing 100,000 MW of solar capacity target by 2022, 23,120 MW solar capacities have already been installed till July 2018. Bringing clarity to the parameters of the solar energy target of 100 GW, Indian Government asserted investment of Rs. 3,85,000 crore for setting up pending 77,000 MW of solar […]

Read more

Mizoram to Get 100MW Solar Power Plant

The government has already signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Sungevity Enterprises, a solar power service developer, to setup Rs. 630 crore 100MW solar power plant. Under the ‘Magnetic Mizoram Investors Summit’ initiative of New Economic Development Policy (NEDP), Mizoram government is to set up a 100 MW solar power plant in the state. […]

Read more

Renew Power Commits Rs 13k cr Investment on Clean Energy in AP

The move has come to develop renewable energy capacity in Andhra Pradesh and also helps in generating direct employment for 4,000 people and indirect employment for 6,000 people. Renewable energy company ReNew Power has inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Andhra Pradesh (AP) government during the ongoing 3-day CII Partnership Summit to invest Rs 13,000 crore over the next five years. […]

Read more