Stonepeak & Shizen Energy To Form Asian Onshore Wind Platform

Alternative investment firm Stonepeak has completed an investment in TerraWind Renewables, an onshore wind energy platform, in partnership with Shizen Energy Inc, a Japanese renewable energy company. As part of the transaction, Stonepeak has acquired an 80% interest in TerraWind, with Shizen Energy retaining the remaining 20% interest in the business. TerraWind will focus on […]

Read more

World Bank And Japan Sign RISE Pact to Boost Clean Energy Investments

World Bank and Japan have signed an administration arrangement outlining the terms and conditions to implement the Resilient and Inclusive Supply-chain Enhancement (RISE) Partnership, which was officially launched in October 2023. The agreement was signed between the World Bank Vice President for Infrastructure, Mr. Guangzhe Chen, and the Executive Director for Japan at the World […]

Read more

Yokogawa Provides Remote Monitoring System For 112-MW Offshore Wind Farm in Japan

Yokogawa Electric Corporation has announced that its subsidiary Yokogawa Solution Service Corporation has completed the design, supply, and commissioning of a remote operation and monitoring system based on the OpreX Collaborative Information Server for the offshore wind turbines and onshore facilities at the 112-MW Ishikari Bay New Port Offshore Wind Farm. The company has also […]

Read more

China To Hold 80% Wind Deployment In Asia-Pacific In Five Years: Report

A recent report by Wood Mackenzie on the renewable energy growth in Asia Pacific market stated, “Despite short-term hurdles such as cost inflation, construction delays and higher interest rates, the economics of offshore wind are improving strongly in the late 2020s. It’s supporting a strong future for the technology in Asia Pacific markets.” The Wood […]

Read more

E-Fuel Blending In EVs Can Reduce Fossil Fuel Dependence By 2028: IEA Estimates

A recent report by International Energy Agency (IEA) found that a combination of electric vehicles (EVs) and biofuels is anticipated to significantly reduce global oil demand. It’s estimated to offset 4 million barrels of oil-equivalent per day by 2028, constituting over 7% of the predicted oil demand for transportation. The IEA report on E-fuel mentioned, […]

Read more

India – Japan Collaborate To Establish EV Manufacturing Capacity In Karnataka

Cabinet Minister of Large & Medium Industries and Infrastructure Development, Government of Karnataka MB Patel recently, in his social media post on X, announced collaboration between Karnataka and Japan to manufacture Electric Vehicles (electric vehicles (EVs) in the state. In a recent announcement on social media platform X, he shared details of the upcoming collaboration. […]

Read more

Trina Solar Lands First Industrial Solar Energy Storage Project in Japan

Trina Solar signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Japan’s Narashinrinsigen Hozenkousya (Nara Forest Resources Protection Company of Japan) to boost the penetration of its energy storage systems in Japan.  As per the pact, this collaboration solidified Trina Solar’s entry into the industrial energy storage sector in Japan, with a commitment to supply large-scale Battery […]

Read more

Top 5 Reasons Why Solid State Batteries Are Just Around The Corner

Electric Vehicles (EVs) across the world are now seeing wider adoption. A 2023 report from the International Energy Institute (IEA) states that in 2022 alone, the world saw sales of around 10 million electric cars. The advent of Lithium-ion batteries gave a fillip to the industry with its energy density and recharging virtues. However, even […]

Read more

Japan Researchers Study Potential Of Potassium-Ion Batteries

A research team from the Tokyo University of Science- (TUS), Japan, has recently conducted a study to gain insights into Potassium-ion batteries (KIBs), an alternative to conventional Lithium-ion batteries. The results of the study was recently published in Angewandte Chemie International Edition. Lithium-ion batteries have gained major traction with the increased deployment of electric vehicles (EVs) […]

Read more