ArcelorMittal Form JV In Brazil To Develop 554 MW Wind Power Project

Global steel conglomerate ArcelorMittal has announced that its Brazilian entity, ArcelorMittal Brazil, is forming a joint venture partnership with Brazilian renewable major Casa dos Ventos to develop a 554 MW wind power project. ArcelorMittal Brazil will hold a 55 per cent stake in the JV, with Casa dos Ventos holding the remaining 45 per cent. […]

Read more

Siemens Gamesa To Supply Turbines For 166-MW Wind Farm In Andhra

As India looks hawkish on the renewable energy expansion to achieve its 2030 target, Siemens Gamesa has announced to have signed a deal with AM Green Energy Private Limited (AMGEPL) where it will supply 46 wind turbines for a capacity of 166 MW of wind project about to come up in the state of Andhra […]

Read more

Iron-Air Battery Maker Form Energy Secures $450 million for Energy Storage Technology

In a fresh announcement, iron-air battery maker Form Energy, based in Massachusetts, United States has said that it has secured a $450 million Series E financing led by American investment firm TPG Rise. TPG Rise is making the investment through TPG Rise Climate, its dedicated climate investing strategy, and The Rise Fund, its longstanding, multi-sector […]

Read more

Greenko Will Supply Renewable Power to ArcelorMittal, Ayana, DISCOMS

Hyderabad based Greenko Energies Pvt Ltd will be supplying clean power to ArcelorMittal, Ayana Renewable Power and three Indian states from its upcoming renewable energy plus storage facility worth 5,230 MW being constructed in Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh, according to reports. Just days ago, Greenko commenced the work on the integrated RE storage project in Kurnool […]

Read more

ArcelorMittal Throws in Hat to Buy Sprng Energy in Green Steel Push

ArcelorMittal, the world’s biggest steel maker is making a play for Sprng Energy, Indian renewable platform of Actis, as the steelmaker looks at cleaner energy sources to decarbonise production around the world and in India, people aware of the development have told news agencies. This arguably is the first time in India a steel producer […]

Read more

ArcelorMittal to Pour ₹1 Trillion into Gujarat’s RE, Steel & Other Projects

Luxembourgish multinational steel manufacturer ArcelorMittal is planning to invest Rs 1,00,000 crores in different projects in Gujarat, including its steel plant at Hazira near Surat, a Gujarat government release has said. The release also added, ArcelorMittal Chairman Lakshmi Niwas Mittal along with the CEO of ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel India (AM/NS India), Dilip Oommen, recently called upon […]

Read more

Heliogen Raises $108 M for Deploying RE Tech for Heat, Power, Green H2

California-based Heliogen, a renewable energy technology company, recently announced that it has raised $108 million in two funding rounds to accelerate the global deployment of its Sunlight Refinery™, a turnkey concentrated solar energy system that aims to make carbon-free energy for high-temperature heat, power, and green hydrogen accessible and more cost-effective than fossil fuels for the […]

Read more

ArcelorMittal to Set Up A Solar Farm on Land Allotted to it for a Steel Plant In Karnataka: Report

“In view of excess capacity of steel world-wide and uncertainty in iron ore availability locally, the company is also exploring the possibility of utilising the land in Karnataka for the establishment of a solar farm for generating solar energy,” World’s largest steelmaker ArcelorMittal may set up a solar farm on land alloted to it for […]

Read more

ArcelorMittal to Construct 500 – 600MW Solar Plant in India

ArcelorMittal aims to establish 500 – 600MW solar power plant in Karnataka -India instead of the Steel Mill. The company spokeswoman said that, ‘In view of current market conditions in the global steel industry and uncertainty in raw material availability, ArcelorMittal would like to utilize the acquired land in Karnataka for a meaningful purpose of […]

Read more