Haryana Farmers Get 75% Subsidy on Solar Pumps

Highlights :

  • Haryana’s department of new and renewable energy has decided to give 75% subsidy in the purchase of 3-10 horse power (HP) solar-powered pumps.
  • The department has invited applications from eligible beneficiaries till December 27.

To support farmers in Haryana their irrigation requirements, the state’s department of new and renewable energy has decided to give 75% subsidy in the purchase of 3-10 horse power (HP) solar pumps. The department has invited applications from eligible beneficiaries till December 27.

facebook twitter linkdin instagram

Gurgaon’s additional deputy commissioner Vishram Kumar Meena said that some 8,629 solar-powered pumps will be given to the farmers of Haryana on 75% subsidy. “These pumps will be given only to those farmers who are into micro-irrigation like drip or sprinkler irrigation and irrigate fields by pressing ground pipelines,” he said.

‘We are inviting applications from the farmers who wish to avail the benefit of 75% subsidy on solar pumps till December 27. There are three categories of pumps — 3 HP, 7.5 HP, and 10 HP — that are covered under the subsidy scheme. The adoption of solar pumps will promote the shift towards newer and sustainable sources of energy. It will help farmers to cater to their irrigation needs too,” Meena added.

Farmers have been asked to fill up the form, choose a solar pump of their choice, and pay their share of the price on the portal. Once the form has been received and accepted, it would take around three months for the department to distribute these pumps to the beneficiaries, officials said.

New Delhi-based solar power equipment manufacturer Gautam Solar announced in August this year that it had installed 1,500 solar pumps at various locations in Haryana under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM) scheme.

The scheme was launched by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) in 2019 to provide subsidies on solar pumps to Indian farmers. Under this scheme, the farmers have to bear only 40% of the pump’s cost, while the central and state governments subsidize the remaining 60% for solar pumps that have a capacity of up to 10 HP. However, in states like Haryana and Madhya Pradesh, the state governments have provided additional top-up on the subsidies.

"Want to be featured here or have news to share? Write to info[at]saurenergy.com
      SUBSCRIBE NEWS LETTER
Scroll