- To achieve energy security.
- To reduce carbon emissions.
- To project Tamil Nadu as a Solar Hub.
- To generate 8884 MW of Solar Energy by 2022 (As per MNRE).
- To encourage indigenous solar manu-facturing facilities in the State.
- To promote Research and Development in the solar energy sector and hybrid systems.
- To create skilled man power and emp-loyment in a new industry.
- ROOFTOP SOLAR PV SYSTEMS WITH NET METERING
- WATER HEATING SYSTEMS
- DEVELOPMENT OF SOLAR PARKS
Solar Power projects will be developed through competitive / reverse bidding. SECURITY DEPOSIT
As regards the security deposit to be paid by captive/third party user, the Commission decides to retain the present arrangements. Accordingly the charges corresponding to two times of the maximum net energy supplied by the distribution licensee in any month in the preceding financial year shall be taken as the basis for the payment of security deposit.